Applications for the 2017 Community Investment Fund are now being accepted! The Community Investment Fund is made available annually for innovative projects that help people with disabilities live, learn, work and play in their communities alongside people without disabilities. Any Montana organization, agency, non-profit group, or individual with a creative idea to promote community inclusion is eligible to apply.
Thursday, April 13, 2017
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM MDT
Presenters will share ideas of activities promoting work and college readiness for students with disabilities that can be facilitated by Montana Vocational Rehabilitation staff in the classroom. In addition to suggested activities, developed curricula and free resources will be shared.
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM MDT
Join Independent Living Specialist Cassie Weightman to learn:
- What "independent living" means and what life domains it includes
- How to plan and prepare for it from the time kids are young, and
- How Centers for Independent Living fit in and what resources they can offer transition-age youth
Presented by Early Childhood Intervention
Hanen's More Than Words workshop has just been updated to provide you with even more effective tools for zeroing in on the very specific needs of young children with autism and addressing those needs with evidence-based, family-centered techniques.
When you make the commitment to attend More Than Words, you take the first step towards fundamentally changing the way you provide intervention. What you learn will make a more tangible difference for families and young children than you ever could have imagined.
Words cannot describe how grateful we are for the amazing program Wheels Across Montana made possible through a Dana & Christopher Reeve foundation High Impact grant! Because of this program, Jace was able to actually ride a bike—all by himself—for the very first time. The pure joy he felt was seen through his huge smile while pedaling this super cool bike.
More Articles ...
- Preparing Students with Disabilities for Careers and College through an Evolution of Pre-ETS Activities Part 2
- Transition: Preparing Youth with Disabilities for Careers and College Part 1
- 2017 Montana Legislative Session
- Inclusion - We All Benefit